September 23, 2008

We Are Home!!!

Friends, at long last we have gotten the necessary paper work through the state of Missouri and we went home last night. It has been 2 days short of 2 weeks since we left home and our old life, to welcome in our beloved daughter and the start of something truly great. As we went into our home I felt this release of finality, even though we still have a few more steps before we are officially finished and Shiloh is permanently ours. There is no danger of her not being ours, it is just the shuffling of paper work now. October 17th is our final court date as long as we get our case worker into our home a final time to do a post placement visit to check us out one last time. Then we just send a copy of her report to our lawyer and he takes it to the judge. The judge will sign it and WA-la, we have an official daughter.

I was overwhelmed this morning as I came back in after Shiloh and I took a walk of the great love that I have for Shiloh, and it is only the smallest fraction of what God has for me. To the seemingly great lengths that Steven and I have gone through to get Shiloh, God went to that times the power of 10 in sending His most beloved Son. Even now as I listen to Laura Hackett sing "Sing to Jesus" by Justin Rizzo my heart is flooded with a torrent of emotions and joy unspeakable. We are home and I just laid my beautiful daughter down for a nap. My house once filled with the hum of life as usual is now fluttering with newness and joy of something completely other than.

We are so blessed and last night as we were putting Shiloh down for the night, we were revisiting God's utter kindness to "nobodies" like us. That through everything He has revealed His love, faithfulness, goodness, and unending mercy to us. Through the body of Christ we have receive love and care, through our brief time with Danny we saw that everyone has whispers of Eden and the original intent of love, through Shiloh we have been hammered with the reality that we are God's forever and that He truly loves us in the most unimaginable ways, and now being home I find my heart has this longing for Jesus in a way that takes my very breath away. I love this Man that I sing about and this Man that constantly pursues me though I leave Him time and again. I love this humble Man that loves beyond comprehension and I love this Father that spared no expense to bring me Home.
Oh my friends, words cannot express and even now as I sit typing with tears brimming my eyes I am grateful and I will never forget as the famous song says, how great is His love for me.
We are home.

1 comment:

Debi said...

So glad you're getting settled into home and being a family of 3 there! Thanks for sharing your heart, Kristi -- I love your heart...it's so beautiful to Jesus! Give your little one a hug from the Bandermans....we miss you guys! :)