March 4, 2009

Little Glances

The other day was a little rough for me. I felt that I wasn't doing anything well, that my spiritual life has all but fallen off the radar and I was feeling sorry for my little girl that mommy has to work outside the home. As I was cleaning up the kitchen I looked over at Shiloh in her little walker. She was playing away with her butterfly toy and she looked up at me. She gave me a huge smile and a little laugh as I swept. I looked at her with an equally huge smile and told her that she is being so good playing in her walker. Then she started playing with her butterfly and I kept sweeping. Right then I felt the Lord say "little glances". I almost said "excuse me" because I was taken back by it. I realized that He delights in my little glances, whenever I can look His way with any kind of attention. Whatever I am doing in the day whether it is cleaning, taking care of Shiloh, shopping for groceries, or even resting, it's the little glances that ravish His heart. I am not dismissing the honest merit in searching out the scriptures and spending long times in prayer. (believe me I miss those days) I am just saying that in every season there are times where our walk with God is more focused and then others where we feel it is a little blurry. But the little glances that we give God, the hour in the morning before everyone wakes up, the little prayers whispered while loading the dishwasher, and the thoughts unspoken towards Him count. We are not disqualified because we are not doing everything the same as the last season.

This encouraged me and I thought that I would share it with you.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

Aw, this is so true honey!!! I always think kids (and our love for them) can teach us so much about God!!!
x

Kristi said...

Amen!

Debi said...

With just a glance you truly capture His heart, my friend! Thanks for sharing -- your heart is truly a precious treasure!♥

Love ya!
Debi

Annette said...

Thank you for That tidbit of wisdom. Even though me may have had our quiet time, we still need to give Him a glance ever now and then. But how often do we rember to do this during our busy day.