October 2, 2008

Sleep, Work, and Life

Today marks three weeks that our lives were forever changed and our hearts expanded as we welcomed into our home and hearts our daughter Shiloh Abigail. She is growing so fast I cry sometimes as I watch her. I want her to stay my small little baby, yet I long for more sleep...so grow baby grow. :-) She sleeps well for a newborn and eats like a champ. She's around 7 lbs and 5 oz. I can tell because her preemie clothes are starting to be a little tight. That's my baby! Today we went to see a dear friend who just brought her daughter in to the world. We always talked about how our daughters would be so close together so I took Shiloh with me to meet her new friend Isabella. That was fun, but later the tiredness of the day and the previous nights hit me as I dropped Shiloh off with dad to get ready for work. I started back to work this week and it has been rough. Not only being away from Shiloh sucks, but also sickness is flowing out of the doors of the children's home right now and I am in the thick of it. I have been working in pediatric for sometime now and have a good immunity built up, however I am nervous about taking it home to Shiloh. We have three kids with strep and one kid with MRSA. ( a super bug) I had drained his abscess Sunday and thinking it looked bad I cultured it and the results came back yesterday and I was like "crap". Fortunately for me I was raised with a mom who was in the medical field. She would come home and we were not allowed to touch her until she had changed her clothes. So true to form I told Steven give me a sec, and I took a shower that night before holding her. I just have to trust that God is her Father and He will guard her.

Life is so good right now. We aren't sleeping a lot, however we are kind and trade off to help the other. Shiloh is sweet and I enjoy just starring at her. I went and got a new car seat today, just in time to drive to Arkansas for the weekend. My in-laws are having a little get together to meet Shiloh and my 10 yr. high school reunion is this weekend. I am not sure why I am going since I hated high school other than I will get to see a few people that I miss terribly. Work is stressful and thinking about how Steven and Shiloh are is a thought that crosses more than once in every hour. I printed off her pictures and have them on my desk. That helps a little. I count the seconds as 11pm rolls over the clock so that I can go home and hold my little princess.
That is pretty much it for now.

No comments: