October 11, 2008

Meeting Steven's Family

Last weekend October 3-4th, I went home to Arkansas for my 10 year high school reunion and also so that Steven's family could meet Shiloh. They hadn't seen her yet and one of his brothers is leaving for Japan for a month so I thought it would be nice to show her off to them while I was down. Steven has three brothers ranging in ages from 33 to 23. He is the second oldest at 30 years and the first among them to get married and also to have a child. We are forerunners in our family too. :-)
Here are a few pics from that weekend and their first reactions to Shiloh. My mother-in-law also threw me a little shower with all her friends that have known Steven since he was conceived. I had met some of them at our wedding but hadn't seen them since. It was very nice and thoughtful of them to come and shower Shiloh with love and gifts.


Steven's mom and dad have been educators for over 25 years. His dad Mike teaches at the U of A Ft. Smith campus and his mom, Beth teaches ESL in several location in Ft. Smith. They are great and are loving their new granddaughter.



This is Chris the youngest brother. Shiloh and I stopped in Fayettville to see him because he had to work all weekend. He made me a nice BBQ sandwich and I ate as he ood and awed over his new little niece. It was very sweet.




My sister in law from Winnipeg, Canada with Shiloh. She is married to Steven's oldest brother Jon. They have been married for 3yrs and not quite ready for little ones.

This is Jon, Steven's oldest brother.


This is Peter the "middle" of the 4 boys. He is 26 and single so come on ladies. He is leaving for Japan where he will observe mental health practices there asserting his Psychology degree and then learning a bit of the culture in his spare time. He is the families world traveler, having stayed in Eastern Europe a couple of times, Argentina, and now in Japan for a month. Uncle Peter bring Shiloh home something cool!




No comments: