April 27, 2009

Whoops!

Short story of my morning with my little screamer. Yup you read me right. I joined the gym near our house and I am so thrilled. I can take Shiloh with me now that she is old enough for the Tot Drop. We went once last week and she did OK. I only worked out for 45 min. Then this weekend we went camping with a couple of friends and she did great(pictures soon). So today I headed to the gym around 8:45am. Dropped her off at the tot drop. She was the only child which I thought would be great. Well about 30 min. into my workout my number for the Tot Drop was called. I went in and found my little angel with snot running down her face and red eyes filled with tears. I held her and put her paci in. I set her in a little walker thing with toys and slowly made my way out. I thought to myself that I needed to hurry. About 15 min. more the over head speaker calls out my number again. I think to myself, " my workout is officially over". Sure enough half way to the tot drop I hear my child screaming at the top of her lungs. You would have thought that she was dying. Tears, snot, coughing, and choking on her spit... it was the biggest fit by far. I looked at her realizing that she was scared and mad. I thought OK, am I supposed to give in or is this another time to hold the line and tell her no. So I did both. Told her no.. no don't scream. Waited 30 seconds and then picked her up. She kept screaming and I was at a loss. I was embarrassed because the lady said, "maybe she will do better next time. Boy does she have a temper." WOW~~ My daughter is labled as The Baby with a Temper. Yup! Shiloh was kicked out of tot drop today for her temper. ( I rebuke that!)LOL. What am I going to do with her? I chalked it up to three things:
1) Mommy is way cooler than anyone else.
2) No other kids were there to distract her from the reality that I wasn't either.
3) The age of love and longing. She loves me with her all the time and I am longing for some me time. :-)
Anyways, I thought it was funny about an hour later after we both took a nap. We'll try it again in another day or two. Good thing I didn't pay for a full membership for her. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww....poor thing!♥ Yep, you're her way cool Mama, and also -- it's truly an age thing. I honestly wouldn't worry about it and I'd 'be there' for her as much as possible. Maybe you can only work out for 30 minutes during this season? I think almost every kid goes through this -- she's realizing the stranger holding her is not her Mom - and that's a GOOD thing! :) Or maybe you need to workout some time when Steve's home and can watch her? OR....maybe Auntie Debi and Shiloh need to have a play date so she doesn't scream when I hold her at least! LOL Seriously......it's normal and all good. She'll grow out of it eventually and you'll have plenty of time on your hands, wishing for these sweet days again. :)