April 13, 2009

How Do You Say That In Texan? :-)

There are many things in Texas that make it very unique. The people, the out of the way places, and a language that is all their own. Steven and I have laughed at some of the strange things that we have seen and I thought that I would share a few.
* "Ya'll" is used in every sentence. "Shalom Ya'll" is hanging on my grandmother's kitchen wall.

* No matter where you are, you are never too far from a Dairy Queen.

* When we got turned around we stopped for directions. " Go down to the 4th stop light and hang a left, then haul a**. But don't haul a** til ya'll are clear of town." WOW!

*Hurricane is pronounced Herican where my family lives. :-)

*My dad's family is Cajun and though my grandmother doesn't have a bad accent some of them do and it took Steven a few phrases to know what they were saying. He would just shake his head and smile. I just laughed because a couple of times they were telling him a friend died and he was smiling about it. :-)

That is just a few funnies that we have encountered. Got to run to the store with my grandmother. More to come later.

No comments: