April 12, 2009

We Are Doing Great!

Just thought that I would update everyone on how our trip is going so far. First I just have to say that when you travel with a baby you better just plan on taking everything and the kitchen sink, three separate bags. By the time that you get the diapers, wipes, multiple outfits, toys, and all the what ifs you are well over 50lbs. :-) It wasn't so bad. I thought I did good by packing myself and Shiloh in the same bag and only 2 lbs over. (which they didn't charge us for) We got to the airport and Shiloh was her normal happy self. I picked a flight close to her nap time so when we started to take off I swaddled her and gave her a bottle of juice to suck on. She started going to sleep and slept till 30 min. before we landed. After that she was perfectly happy and amused the people around us. I am thankful that she isn't a screamer! We exited the plane, found baggage claims and my grandparents and headed out of Dallas. The drive to their place is about 2 hours, but we stopped at a great Mexican restaurant on the way which gave Shiloh a break. She was amazing and I have to say that I have the best baby ever, hands down! (sorry to all my friends who have great kids)
The weather is warm and amazing and she is loving meeting so many people and being in the sun. Her schedule is a little messed up, but she bounces back and does great. We have traveled a little to go see the other set of grandparents in Lumberton (near Beaumont) Baby did well and I think Steven had an eye opening experience. (more to come on that later).
Well that is it for now, just wanted everyone to know that we are well. I will post about the funny finds in Texas later.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Glad to hear Shiloh did so well!