April 18, 2009

More From Texas

Our trip in Texas was a very relaxing time. We did pretty much nothing and were very happy in it. I have not seen my grandparents in (prepare yourself for something dreadful) 9 years. The last time that I saw them before this trip is briefly at my wedding. Now before you throw tomatoes at me I did ask their forgiveness and brought a very cute little present to make up. Besides the last few years have been dull up till now with me so I think that we made up for lost time. I had forgotten how much I love my grandparents. Not forgotten them in the way that you forget those you went to high school with, but in my memory I was still a child playing in their house, causing them to thank God that we lived so far away. (;-0 ) I was a little mischievous. I mean that I forgot how wonderful it is to have history and deep meaningful love for someone that you have known all your life. That I have people who have my blood in them, who love me no matter what. They don't care that I have gained 10 lbs, gotten older, or if I am smart of not. They are not looking to see if I am perfect. It was so comforting in a way that I cannot explain. Like I went home in a way. Both sets of my grandparents are unique and gifted. You forget, I think, that the people who amazed you when you are young, are the same, just older and still amazing. Anyways.

Here are a few more pics from Texas.











This one of Shiloh is one of my favorite











Steven by the pond in my grandparents (chandler,tx.) backyard.
It was really beautiful!
Shiloh was chewing on everything and everyone, including my Nanny Sue's (grandmother) hand. My dad's dad remarried many years ago to a beautiful woman. She always told us when we were young that she was too young to be a "grandmother" so to call her "Nanny Sue". So there you have it. :-)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You have the most beautiful baby EVER! WOW! Glad to hear your trip to Texas was a good one! Bless you guys : )

Annette said...

hey aunt kristi i miss u bunnches, and i cant for get she is to cute! And tell steven that i said wats up love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hunter.
(I had the blog up when he came in. He said she's soooo cute.)