January 29, 2010

On The Ground

I don't have a ton of time, but I wanted to update everyone on what is going on here in Haiti. First, thank you so much for your prayers, I can feel it. Second, I am having a blast even though it is very hard. The joy of the Lord is my strength and the Lord is moving.
We have been working in refugee like camps doing medical clinics. People are terrified to go back into their homes or any structure for that matter so they are migrating together and popping tents. This happens in in soccer stadiums, playgrounds, church courtyards, and even the medians of roads. It is a truly terrible sight. As we drove through different parts of Port-au-Prince seeing these huge concrete structures completely destroyed my heart sank thinking about the many dead people still buried in the rubble.

During our medical clinic we have seen at least 1500 people. This have been anything from amputations to post traumatic stress disorder. It is really sad, yet in the midst of it all the Lord is showing up and the people are so grateful to God to be alive. My team is doing well and we feel very much like we are partnering with Jesus in helping His people.

I am so tired and need to go to bed, but please continue to pray for us and know that we are so grateful~

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Definitely praying! Thanks for the update!

V and C said...

We are praying too! Take care! Some other friends of ours just left out from Haiti yesterday. They were doing a medical clinic too.