January 19, 2010

Haiti Update

I wanted to keep you in the loop as much as possible without overwhelming you. It looks like I will fly out of KC on Sun and fly into Haiti Mon. I am waiting for this to be confirmed. We are getting us on the list from the Haitian side. We will be staying at the same location as CRI teams since it is safe and supplied. We will be working in a hospital called the 7th Day Adventist hospital in Diquini. It is organized, secure, staff with some Dr. and desperately needing medical help. We will also venture out, with military security, to help treat those in orphanages and schools that are without medical care. Then we will fly back on the 1st.

Tomorrow we go around noon to the medical warehouse to pack up supplies and then on Fri and Sat. I will have the rest of the team packing the supplies and meds that they will actually be carrying on the plane with them. I am just praying and feel free to join in, that nothing will be confiscated along the way. We have about $500,000 worth of medical supplies and medications with us that have been donated. This is a massive effort to say the least. A far cry from the team that I was taking over in March. :-)

I have been on the phone every minute it seems like. Either with people in Haiti, or airlines, or other team members trying to sort this all out. Mean while I am also lining up the next crew of nurses that will be leaving the first of Feb with one of our nurses. They are getting their passports updated and all the necc. things to be ready. Oh and I have a toddler. I am trying to get every min. I can in with Shiloh because I don't really get to see her on Thurs and Fri except for 10 min before she goes to bed because I work 12 hr shifts. So Saturday I will get to spend with Steven and Shiloh before I head out on Sun. To lie and say that I am not slightly overwhelmed would be dumb at this point. I mean who are we kidding? But growing up going on the missions field and then again in YWAM and now as the clinical missions director of One Heart Ministries, no one told me that it would be otherwise. I know that God is in it all and I trust His guidance and leadership.

Thank you to everyone who has gotten involved with donations, flight arrangements, medical supplies and the like. We would be a less effective with out your support.

Thanks!

No comments: