January 16, 2010

Here We Go....

Friends I have been in contact with our ground team in Haiti and what they have told me has truly made my stomach turn up side down. I wont share everything because I want you to continue to read this blog, but I will share a little with you. As you read this I hope that you will be moved to give and pray.

As they arrived in Port-au-Prince the landscape was that of rubble and dead bodies. James told me to imagine all the trash that is normally piled inthe streets and then imagine that it is dead bodies. Not only is it dead bodies, but limbs and such. From the CNN and other footage that I have scene it is hard to tell who are living and dead because a lot of the injured are just lying in the streets waiting to die. James' uncle is safe, but his house collapsed on him and he suffered a broken arm, head laceration, and lots of cuts. Our nurse Jen was able to patch him up some. There is no water, no food, no sanitation, and no power. People are bleeding and dying everywhere. You can hear people still screaming in the wreckage of the buildings. It is truly the worst thing I have ever heard of.

We do not dispair as those who have no hope. We have a GREAT God, who is all powerful and who loves the Haitian people. Was God in the earthquake? That is a question for God and one that I am not asking right now. He is in control and nothing is out of His power. I trust His leadership. He has a greater plan for Haiti and I have known that from the first time 5yrs ago that I first was there. This is the begining of that plan in my opinion. Not that God wanted suffering and despair, but that a nation who crave darkness would see a great light.

I am now reading myself to leave for Haiti around the 24th of this month with my first team. I will be taking in medical professionals and medical supplies. We will be treating all those that we can and getting them relief as we can. Please give if you can at www.ohmhaiti.org I cannot stress this enough. It is vital for us to continue to get supplies and medications, as well as water and food.

I covet you prayers at this point even more that money. I need your prayers for me personally as I am corrdinating things and getting my team together, all while still working two jobs that are about 44 hrs a week. I will have to leave my family for 7 days and be in the most stressful situation of my life. Please pray for me. Pray for Haiti.

Blessings

No comments: