June 2, 2009

Man O Man

This weekend was a VERY busy weekend. I was a mommy and a nanny and I am really tired now. My friends went to Chicago for the weekend and I kept their two kids. I have done this several times for them over the last couple of years and have enjoyed watching them grow up. Nicole is 4yrs and Zach is 6yrs. The only difference this time was that my friends are selling their house and the kids had to stay with Steven and I instead of in their huge house. This was a glitch but not a disaster. I just kept them outside as much as possible and we went to the pool a lot. There were a few instances where they woke up Shiloh from her nap or where I had to constantly remind them to keep their inside voices active but over all it was a great weekend. We camped out in the back yard, roasted marsh mellows, went to the park, went swimming till we were prune and all in all just kept busy and happy. Now all I have is a few pictures of sidewalk chalk and a wee messy house to show for my hard work. It was fun but I learned a few things.
~When you have three kids, what's one more? We took the neighbor girl with us to the pool because I thought what would it hurt I already have a herd.
~Small houses lend to creative play outside! GO OUTSIDE!!
~Small houses and big families don't last long together. We will need to upgrade or remodel after number three.
~You grow into having three, not just three over night. Unless of course you adopt and them you literally grow in number overnight. That is why I need the prayer room and Benadryl! :-)
~Routines are our friend!! Just keep the machine going.
~ I love the time that we are having right now with our little Shiloh. Just us and her living life and adoring each other. Oh the time we are having!

No comments: