June 19, 2009

I wanted to die faster so He gave me opportunity

My last post I was ranting about how I wanted to surrender faster and in the perfect heavenly humor, God helped me out a little. Shiloh has had a cold this week and with her snotty nose, coughing and crying in the middle of the night I haven't gotten much sleep. That compounded with having to work till 11pm and getting up at 7am to feed her, I needed a lot of humility and meekness to get through it. (gentleness to, pretty much Matthew 5,6,7) I was begging Steven to get up with her and he had to be at IHOP at 5 :30 and was begging me to let him sleep a little longer. It was a sad sight. Needless to say that where I lack in the grace and humility Benadryl and Delsym made up. Everyone needed sleep in my house by Thursday and I believe God gave the wisdom for these medications for a reason, if not for my personal sanity.
So lesson learned...be careful what you ask for!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol....or you could send her to the Bandermans for the night and we could be the ones not getting any sleep! lol Is she doing any better?