January 21, 2009

Working Through the Rough Spots

So Jan. 20th has come and gone and while some people feel that this election was a huge defeat for LIFE and for the church, I am stirred that this is the perfect set up for God to move. We have a man whom half the country idolizes and the other half is baffled by. He is strong, charasmatic, and fresh. It is a historical triumph for our nations and people cannot help but to be proud dispite their differeing opinoins. I have heard some amazing prophetic words over our new president from sources that are extremely and terrifyingly accurate and it gives me hope. Recently I had and accidental run in with an African American friend about President Obama. It started with an inocent remark and got out of hand. I dug a hole & then I decided to share my convictions. (I am not real good, or smart when it comes to confrontation) I said that she was right that I didn't vote for Obama, and I added that I didn't really vote "for that idiot McCain" in her words either. I voted for issues and morality. Well that was when I started digging with a backho. My words were like the lint in the air and truth falls by the way side when idols are being confronted. I am currently in the process of repenting for offending, yet not apologizing for my stance on issues like abortion and homosexuality. I offended a sister in Christ and for that I am very sorry. Today I have struggled with that as well as inner core issues in my heart and also just realizing that we really live in a screwed up world and the need for truth and Jesus is more real to me than ever. Who am I, ... what do I really believe,...where is humility???? I need Jesus and so do my co-workers, along with half the church. We are living in and era where scripture is literally leaping off the pages and playing out in life.

We live in a world that is fallen, with scars of past trauma's and current injustices blaring at us. The black community has suffered in an "all white" nation and this election has given them a new since of hope. I am proud to live in a day where my daughter will grow up knowing that all men are created equal and color doesn't matter, not even in the white house. However my daughter will also grow up in a world where little 14 & 15 year old can go have abortions and no one has to be notified under the Freedom of Choice Act. The shedding of innocent blood will have to be answered for and I think that her generation will be called upon to bare that burden. I do not agree with the morals of our current president and pray that God intervenes. We are heading towards the end of this age and this is what it looks like. Subtle compromises in the name of "love, peace, and unity". A simple slogan giving rise to the humanistic spirit that is the harlot that seduces the nations. People give way to race and pride at the cost of convictions and what the words says. Preachers back candidates because of brotherhood and not righteousness. People are led astray by good speeches without really hearing the message. These are controversial issues and believe me I am surrounded by them everyday at work. But they are controversiall in heaven as well. Where we stand now is what we are accountable for in the end. How we choose to vote or to just vote "present" is what we answer for later. How we teach the future and the past to our children is massively important for their eternal souls.

So what do we do? How do we live? Obviously we try not to offend our brothers and sisters. Using tact and gentleness, meekness, humility, self-control, etc... (which school is still in session for me) in our relationships with people who we hope to be a witness to is very valid. But at some point our choices and lifestyle of seeking after righteousness and abandonment to God will offend. This world is in the grasp of forces of darkness and light and dark always clash. We try to live peaceably as Paul wrote to the early churches and immerse ourselves in the sermon on the Mt. lifestyle to kill our flesh that would rise to confront when we should quietly stand. What we do is PRAY. We pray for our president because we are mandated, but we pray because it changes things. We stand for LIFE and for righteousness because it matters and it exalts a nation and Jesus. We stand and bare reproach for our stance because Jesus is worthy and it cost very little in light of His sacrifice for true freedom. We stand because we must. We dig into the Word and eat the scroll so that when we speak only light and truth come forth not flesh and half way answers. We are in the last days and people will not understand and will even revile us because of our stand, our vote, our very lifestyle. But we stand all the more.

1 comment:

Debi said...

I love your heart, my friend! Thanks for sharing - you are so awesome at communicating through the written word! :)