January 26, 2009

Strictly About Shiloh!

This post is dedicated to my little jumper. She is getting so big and this morning she sat up all by her self. (well mostly :-) She is four and half months and very active. She is really jumping now. If you stand her up on your legs she will jump several times without prompting. She is doing a little better on her tummy time to. I got her to stick it out for 10 min.s twice yesterday. She tried for a few times to "crawl" around New Years, but nothing since then.When you put her on her tummy she will roll over in about 2 min. and then she laughs. I think she has an escape plan formulated. She will do anything to get off her tummy.
We moved her into her room last night. We have her play yard with bassinet in our room in the corner and that has been her home since coming home. It is great because we are all sleeping together. But when she stirs in the wee hours of the morning I am usually the one that has to get up and do something, whether put the pacifier in or rock her. I don't want that to be a habit so we made the step to get her to sleep in her room. Well all is going well and she is officially sleeping in her "big girl bed". Really it is just her crib but that is a big step especially for daddy. I asked him a few weeks ago when he thought we could move her into her room (so that I could get more sleep) and he said when she was 12 years old. I laughed but then I saw that he was serious. He is in love with this little angel! Last night in her crib, she stirred around 5 am, but quickly put her self back to bed and slept in a little too. I was so proud of her and glad that I wasn't having to break her of a bad habit.It is great!. I do miss her in our room though.
She is starting to really stare at small stuff now. She focuses in on my wedding ring when I am holding her and even leans in to give slobbery kisses. She is also holding her arms out to be picked up and she wraps her arms and hands around us when we carry her. She is growing up so much. I am so excited for this next stage, but I will miss my little tiny baby. She is such an incredible little baby. Super sweet, even tempered, "low maintenance", and extremely happy. I am so excited for what is in store for us now. We are exceedingly grateful!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

She is growing even more beautiful! Oh how I'd love to come and see her again! Miss you guys!

Somedays are Worth Remembering said...

Please come and see us!