January 27, 2009

Please Pray

Friends I want to bring to you a prayer request that is dear to my heart. Let me preface it by explaining what my job entails.

I work at a children's home for troubled and abused children. Most of our residents come from serious neglect, physical and sexual abuse and situations that even Hollywood would not make a movie about. They receive therapy and counseling daily as well as go to school there. We have several dorms with children from ages 4-12yrs,both girls and boys. I feel very much that God has me here for a season and I am blessed to be able to see and pray for these children. I was ignorant to the plight of children in our social system in this nation until I worked here. I have been horrified over and over by reading the history of these children and find myself asking how did they survive? Children are resilient, however though they appear OK on the outside, their insides are tormented by terrifying memories and hopelessness about their future.

My prayer is this, that you would lift up children in residential facilities that God would break into their hearts. That he would bring true shepherds to these ones and that He would be preached to them. PRAY for the church to wake up and begin to take these ones in. This will not be easy as many of these children will need constant care at first and lots of love through out burst and tantrums until healing takes place in their hearts and minds. BUT we must! Is any thing impossible for God? Can we love even what is not perfect? How will they know healing if the ones who have the power to heal do not stretch out their hands? Those of us who cannot at this time take these in, it is our responsibility to pray and to support those who can. But as the body of Christ we must bring these ones in.

Here is one to pray for specifically:
PRAY for Josh. Today he cried to our therapist that all he wants is a family that would love him forever. He has been in at least 7 foster homes, abused, and neglected. Please pray that God would bring a family to him that is willing to supervise him and see him through healing and restoration.

1 comment:

Annie Peterson said...

Oh, that breaks my heart. Jesus, send Josh a family!