November 3, 2009

Vacation in Winter

We are headed to somewhere warm when it starts to get really cold here. That is right my friends, we are going on a cruise in December. I surprised Steven for his birthday/ 10 yr anniversary with a 5 day cruise to the Bahama's. In my mind I could imagine us sitting on the beach, sipping something with fruits sticking out of it and listening to the waves lull us to sleep. However that scene may be slightly different. Steven, Myself, and of course our little lamb will be cruising with my parents so the dream of sleeping in and lots of alone time my be for later in life. However my parents are going to help out with Shiloh so I am looking forward to some honey time and maybe one morning of sleeping in.
I started paying on the cruise in May and I thought that I would be so awesome and pay it off then start saving for the fun money we would spend while there. Well the cruise is payed for by the skin of our teeth and with all our financial blows these last couple months, I am not sure that there will be much fun money. No worries though. Head up...tears are wiped away because the ship has an enormous amount of fun, pools, fitness center, and so much more to keep us occupied. When on the island I have been scouting out fun and inexpensive things to do for us. Here is what I had in mind.

First port: Grand Bahama Island
There is a huge national forest there that boast the largest system of caves and underwater river systems. It is gorgeous and only $10 to get in per person. Sweet!

Freeport Market is a large shopping area with lots to see and I am not a huge shopper so it would be a good place to site see.

Deadman's shore is a place about 30 min from the main area that offers snorkeling, kayaking, and meals for $35 a person. You don't have a time limit and they will pick you up(included in the price)

Second Port: Nassau

There is a little place called Lake Nancy there that offers canoeing. The lake is only about 4 ft deep so it would be safe for the little one to join us. The rentals are by 2 hour increments and only $20. Then after that I thought we would go to the beach and just play.

Third Port: Norwegians private island

Here is the place that I just have no clue. It might just have to be a beach day. We'll see how much fun money we have to know if we can do a bunch of stuff.

No matter what, the scenery will be gorgeous, the water crystal clear, and the weather will be fine. All these combined with family will ultimately end in happiness for all!

2 comments:

V and C said...

That is great!!! You will have a wonderful time I am sure of it!

Annette said...

Can't wait!