November 17, 2009

Doing Better Today

Shiloh had a little better night and this morning was in a much better state. I was able to get off work early last night and be home with my little sickie. We started breathing treatments last night every 4 hours and I think that really made a huge difference. She had a couple of coughing spells during the night, but she was not struggling to breathe. This morning she ate a little and played hard till about 11am. Then she just fell apart and started coughing and wheezing again. I gave her the breathing treatment and rocked her to sleep. It isn't often that I get to hold her asleep anymore (she likes to just lay down to go to sleep) so I took advantage and just sat there with her. She is so beautiful! She slept for about 2 1/2 hours and when she woke up she was so adorable and cuddling. A friend of our is watching her tonight for a little while while Steven studies and does his homework, and I am going to try to get home to give her another breathing treatment before she goes to bed.
Oh these days...I just keep thinking of the verse James 1:2-5 "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."
Also..
Ecclesiastes 7:14 "In the day of prosperity be joyful, But in the day of adversity consider: Surely God has appointed the one as well as the other, So that man can find out nothing that will come after him."

Lately with all the stress and chaos around every corner I just want to sit down and cry. Then I think of the verse in James about the testing of your faith producing patience. I think that if we do what we want to do in taking orphans in and putting them before the Lord, we are going to need all the patience that we can get. How else do you get patience, except through trials. If there is an easier way please let me know.
Lord help me to let patience have its perfect way in our home, our lives, and in my heart during this next season. I need your wisdom and your grace...come to us in this season of pressing through every hindrance to the goal.

No comments: