November 23, 2009

Quick Update

Well here we are, another week has flown by and now it is the week of Thanksgiving. I am thankful for this and yet there is some sadness associated with it. This means that my little lamb is closer to two and closer to growing up on me. I think that I shall pass out the first time that she says a real sentence to me. It is also the first times that I haven't been home for the holiday. This year we are just not in a place that it is possible to go home. So we are going to press on and make it here in KC, the best that we can. That may not include a home cooked meal and lots of lounging around on my families couches with turkey coma, but we will have a meal and I am still hoping for a nap.
Just a note on Shiloh...she is almost completely well. She has a little cough that is lingering but other than that she is her bright and cheerful self again. She has no fever and sleeping through the night to my great relief. We gave her last breathing treatment the other day and sent that machine packing. She had her first shots and not troubles on that end as well. All the little things that worry parents come and go I am learning. You just have to take them one at a time and breathe in between. Sometimes I imagine it like the football drill where the players ram those post things and try to push them back. That is what it is like when your child is sick and then when you have drama on top of that. But all better now. Breathe.....

We are waiting for some papers to come through for Steven's final acceptance into the academy. After that he will have an orientation in December and start the academy on Jan. 7th. I will start my second job on Dec. 14th working two 10 hr days in surgery and taking call on Friday nights. I used to work in surgery when we first moved here so it isn't like a whole new set of skills that I have to learn. I just need to dust that part of my brain off a little. :0) I took a tour of the OR today and saw some familiar faces and a lot of new ones. It will be interesting and I will try to blog my way through it.

Other than that I haven't got much to tell. I will be posting a cute little video tomorrow and pictures of my finished kitchen sometime this weekend. Stay tuned!

No comments: