February 17, 2009

My Week

Sorry for the silence. I am doing a nanny job this week for some friends in Kansas so I have been busy with three kids. I had Shiloh by myself as Steven was in Seattle for four days, plus the two children that I am watching for 7 days. Zachary is 6 yrs. old and very curious of everything. He is fun though. Nichole is 4 yrs. old and really silly. She makes me laugh. They are great kids and I love hanging out with them. My friends are taking a vacation, solo style in Mexico while I take care of their house and their kids. I have done this before for them last year. They pay me well and it is a little break from my life as usual. I learn a great deal about myself, my weaknesses, and humility. When you have three young children, you are bound to die to yourself some. I have determined this week to walk in humility and meekness, to love these children and to catch up on my sleep later. :-) We have done some fun things this weekend like Paradise Park in Lee's Summit, and Kaleidoscope at Crown Center. Today was the first time that I had to take Zachary to school and I left a little early counting on the fact that I would get lost. As I predicted and Zachary kept telling me from the back seat we were going the wrong way. Well with patience I found it and with 5min. to spare. So that is where I am at. Steven is home and helping me with Shiloh which I am SO thankful for. How do single moms do it? They are heroes! Well ta ta for now.

No comments: