June 17, 2008

Urgent Prayer Request

Many of you don't know that I have a brother and fewer of you know that he is in prison. He signed a plea bargain of 2yrs for minor crimes that are considered preludes to major crimes. In saying that I am not negating the seriousness of his actions or his guilt, only that he is not a hardened criminal. In fact he is more like a little kid than a man, though his is over 30 yrs. Upon his move from jail to prison he was to be evaluated and then put into "permanent housing" or a prison unit. He was moved to the evaluation site only we are not sure that he has had an evaluation, but has ended up in the worst unit in one of the hardest prisons in Arkansas.
This is bad but take into consideration that my brother is bipolar, as a slight form of autism, and little to no social skills makes for a very, very bad combination in an extremely volatile prison cell. We needed him to have the evaluation for them to see his level of functionality so that he could hopefully get into a "safer" environment and maybe a vocational training program. Now it seems that they threw him into whatever open bed that was available. This unit has already had fights today and does not offer vocational training, which Michael is desperately seeking. Three other men from the jail where he had been held for the last 9 months are also in his unit with him. We hope this is a good thing and that since knowing him, they will help keep him out of trouble and safe.

Please join me in praying for my brother that God would break in with divine intervention for safety and angelic protection:
Father God, thank you for your sovereign hand on my brother thus far. You have guided this process and we have seen your faithfulness in many ways. I have no doubt that even now you are working in ways unseen and making plans to be yet revealed. I ask you my Father to send your angelic host to my brothers unit right now. Would you push back the evil intents of men and wicked schemes far from him. Give him a supernatural hedge of protection minute by minute, second by second. Father look down on him and have mercy. I am pleading the cause of the one that I love...have mercy God. I ask that you would move my brother to a safer unit where he can take vocational classes. Jesus encounter my brother tonight. Give him a dream, a vision of your hand upon him. Please Abba, be near, be Immanuel tonight and every night for my brother. In Jesus precious name...Amen.

Thank you friend, please pray for my brother Michael if you remember and get a chance.
Blessings

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Will be praying!

I have you guys on my bloglines and it wasn't saying that you had blogged since your shower. Then this morning...suddenly 5 blogs! Yikes, I'm out of the loop and have to get caught up now!