June 19, 2008

Update on Our Adoption # 30

Wanted to post where we are with our adoption journey for all of our fans.:-) I had finally contacted our agency and they emailed us the contract and a picture of our birth mother. I cried when I got it, because it came with a post from her internet site and talked about her relief to have been connected with us. It meant so much to me. Steven is out of town so we will fill out the contract and all that jazz when he gets back in a couple of days. Our birth mother is having a few issues with her new medicaid card and the sono that was scheduled for the 5Th of July will now have to be rescheduled. So we are waiting anxiously for that, because we will find out a due date and the sex of our baby.

My heart is good. I have been so busy lately that I have not had any time for real soul searching. I feel that God and I really worked out some details that had been holding me back for so long. I feel that I have woke from a long sleep and I can feel everything. Words mean so much more to me, touch seems to sink in deeper, and more now than ever I am ready to be a mom. My body is crazy, but it is slowing down. For the fourth straight month I have had regular cycles for the first time in about 10 years. I don't know what to do with myself. I can regulate myself for the first time in a long time. I can anticipate and expect what my body is going to do. Now that is not to say that all my symptoms are gone, however it is a major breakthrough because of prayer. God is healing me inside and out and I know that day is coming that it will be complete. I don't mean that I will be pregnant (though that is an obvious sign) I mean no more pain when I drink caffeine or eat sugar. No more pain with exercise or stress. No more massive amounts of blood and tissue at the most inconvenient time and no more intense, almost labor like cycles. Oh come on Lord!!!! Can I get an AMEN!!!

SOOOOOOO. Here we are in the waiting room of life. Not sure exactly what the next step is. Well we know a few. 1) would be that we still need about $5,000 dollars by the end of August. If you want to give to that contact me via email at :kristicooper@ihop.org. 2) We need to get a crib and have a shower. (I really want to know the sex first), and 3) start to plan all the travel details.(i.e. where to stay, how long, pto for work, subs for Steven at IHOP, etc..) Those are things we know. I am working on grant applications and talking to a gal about another fundraiser. We will get our income tax check and put that towards it as well. If all else fails we can get a loan and pay it a little at a time. I want to believe that God will do this thing debt free. Thanks a million for your love and support.
Blessings!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Ooooo...I'm so excited for you guys! Looking forward to hearing the gender and then a name, etc. It becomes more and more real with more details, eh?

And praise the Lord for signs of healing and improvement! That is awesome! I pray complete and totally healing and restoration over your body!