June 24, 2008

Thank You So Much!

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has labored in prayer, given encouragement, and sown financially towards our adoption. This journey has proven to be such a learning process and such a soul searching ordeal. I would have never expected it to be so rigorous and emotional. At the beginning it seemed so smothered in paper work and meetings that I felt like it was a detached process and I was worried about attachment to our child. Now in the final stretches I am so attached to this little person that I have never met. Boy or girl I don't care, because my heart is already overloaded with affection. Praying for this little one, preparing for this little one; I am expectant and excited and nervous all at the same time. I have carried this baby in my heart as much as any women has carried a child in the womb.

Thank you for sowing into that. Adoption is not just a way to grow a family, but a ransoming of a life. No matter the circumstances when you bring a little one from nothing into something it is a ransom. I have no doubt that if the situation of our birth mother was different she would parent this child and be amazing. Unfortunately life does not always look like the "Truman Show" and people get hurt. Birth mothers that choose to give up their unborn babies to abortion are taking the easy way out that leads to pain and devastation later in life. Birth mother who choose life through adoption are taking a harder road that usually leads to healing for them and the children. It is a ransom for both parties and a life long journey full of possibilities. You are a part of our child's possibilities. You are sowing into a little one with a prophetic destiny and a heart after the Lord. One who will be devoted to God at an early age and a child that will be raised in the house of prayer and going to the nations declaring Jesus name. You are a part of that and I want to thank you. This is not just an orphan being moved into a forever home, but a destined child with a prophetic history and a bright future.

Thank you!

No comments: