March 27, 2008

Weekend Warrior

I take the weekends that Steven is away at Onething Conferences to do "projects". Sometimes these are small and sometimes they are huge projects. While he was in Canada last year I completely emptied my house of furniture thinking that I was going to re-do my hardwood floors myself. I got talked out of it, however I scrubbed them really good and had recessed lighting installed in the living room. It is our favorite addition thus far. Steven also likes to do projects when I am gone. His last undertaking was to install new lights in the dinning room and bathroom. We are just fun like that. Well I have an idea of what I will attempt to complete this weekend. I am going to tackle our office/music/junk room and get it to look a little more like a nursery. I am going to be moving things around to other closets or to our storage room down stairs. I am part of an adoption alliance at IHOP, and we are having a huge adoption fundraising garage sale on April 5th. I will try to put as much good stuff in that as possible. Steven and I went through our closets this last week and are liquidating our stock piles of unused clothing and coats. I got rid of shoes, bags, accessories, and other stuff that we either don't need or haven't used in the last 6 months or less. I will hopefully take on that same attitude while tackling the soon to be nursery.

I plan on painting the walls tan with white trim. I figured that could work for either sex and can be adapted as our little one grows. I had a friend that was making a trip to Houston this weekend for a family function that offered to pick me up anything that I wanted from IKEA. If you have never checked out their site you should. www.ikea.com. I love most of their stuff and it is so reasonable. I fell in love with their children's toys and had a hard time not giving her enough money to buy one of everything. I did send her a short list with a few items. I am trying to not go overboard yet. Yet. First I have to get the room looking more like a room and less like a flee market booth. My parents are coming to visit in a few weeks and are going to bring up my nephews crib and a rocking chair. It is a reagular rocker and I have wondered whether I should invest in a glider or not. I am not sure that it would make a hill of beans, but it seems to be the popular thing. But first things first.

I am getting more and more excited as I know that our little one is being prepared and we are preparing. O Lord be with my precious one, with a host of angels all around. Bless my child with health and safety. Come and encounter the mother with your amazing love and compassion. Amen.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Have fun Kristi!
We've almost always done some kind of project when John goes on ministry trips! It's always fun to surprise him.