March 4, 2008

Here's Where We Are

Yesterday (Monday 3rd) we had our second "last" home study interview. It was about two hours and we talked about discipline, racial issues, family feelings regarding adoption, etc... When it was done she told us that there is "no humanly possible way" that she could type up our home study before she goes on vacation. Everything is turned in but it looks like we will be waiting till the middle or end of March for our report. This irritated me to say the least, because I am ready for this part of the process to be over. In the end I know that God is in control. Maybe our baby isn't on the list yet, maybe God is teaching us patience in the waiting. Steven isn't anxious, and he is always encouraging me to not be anxious as well. I try but it is very hard to just sit on my hands and wait. What can I do though...Nothing but pray. So we pray that our baby is safe and healthy. We pray that the birth mother and birth father will make wise decisions about the baby and the birth mother would take care of herself. We pray that God would make Himself known to them, and that the Holy Spirit would lead us to them. So we are waiting and praying, and that is where we are for now.

3 comments:

JenniferJames said...

I totally understand where you are coming from, that would have driven me crazy! I would have been like, forcibly tackling her, taking the papers, and yelling "I'LL TYPE IT MYSELF!"

I think it's really amazing how God is giving you such a great story about waiting on his goodness and timing (yeah, I know that doesn't really make anyone feel better.) I love reading about your process of finding your baby, and I can't wait to meet Baby Cooper when they show up! We are definitely praying for you guys!

Tracie said...

Praying for you guys!
It's going to be a GREAT STORY!!!

Kristi said...

The waiting and praying part of any story can definitely be the most challenging! We'll keep you guys in prayer and looking forward to hearing as more info comes =)