February 26, 2008

Give me your opinion on bedding

I thought I would throw out a whimsical blog and get some feedback. I like retro fabrics a lot and I like color. Since we are not sure what the sex of our baby will be we are looking for neutral bedding. I am lucky in that my mother just happens to have a hobby of making fantastic baby bedding. Stuff that you would find on sites like http://www.poshtots.com/ and the like, she can replicate for a fraction of the price. So I put my order in and here is what I am thinking. I ordered two fitted sheets (one white and one poke-dot), a quilt, bumper pads, dust ruffle, diaper hanger, and a couple of pillows.


I figure if it is a girl we can throw in some fun flower stuff and if a boy more "manly" effects.:-)
I sent my mom on a hunt for fabric. Here are a few pics of designs that I like. Whether we can find them or not remains to be seen. Sometimes fabric comes up on eBay to. These are color options not necc. the actual bedding. Our crib is white and a little white dresser. The room will be neutral as well.









Tell me what you think and if you have any suggestions.

This is my favorite


I am not sure why, I just like it.
Just a few, I am sure that I will find more.

This weekend Steven and I will sit down

and try to find something we like.

This is the fun part!






2 comments:

JenniferJames said...

I love the one that you said was your favorite. I like that pattern alot, and you could do fun things with wall hanging and shelves and such.

I think it would give you alot of versatility, with that pretty blue and green pattern! Also you could buy normal fitted sheets in white/creme/pale green and they would still match.

Moms I know say you can't have too many fitted sheets for the crib.

I liked that poshtots website, but goodness gracious! 600 for bedding?! Ack!

Tracie said...

Ha! The green w/ the large brown squares at the bottom left is what I got for Elia's room!