October 25, 2009

In True Cooper Fashion

Our kitchen remodeling is still dragging on,but I thought that I would update you all the same. Part of the delay is my fault entirely. I was mistaken on the start date and didn't have the tile or back splash picked out. That cause a two day delay, that I am now living with one week later (still no kitchen sink & the bathroom sink is clogged. Ugh). However, I must give my husband props because what is done thus far is very nice. I picked out a chocolate brown tile for the counter tops and then a nice slate back splash that picks up the colors from the floor and melts them all together next to the brown coutnertops. I think that I am going to paint the walls a dark golden color that will tie it all together beautifully. Since my hubby is a good carpenter we have added a special touch around the cabinets. We have roudered some boards and I faux finished them to look old and rustic. There is also a beam in the ceiling that I will faux to match the rustic look. Don't worry I will let you see the finished product soon. As I type Steven is starting to grout everything. Soon my friends, soon. Here are a couple of picks to give you a preview of the back splash and counter tops.
P.S. I am glad that we decided to grout the backsplash first, as the grout isn't the color that I thought is would be. It is fine for the backsplash, but maybe not the countertops. :-{

1 comment:

Kristi said...

We'll be there in less than a week to see it! Waaaahhoooo!