October 11, 2009

Here's Life

Thank you all for continuing to read our blog and stay connected to us. We love that you are here. We have had a crazy summer with so many changes like Steven switching from musician to security officer and from full time staff to full time student. I have stayed at my job with the children's home, however I have stepped into a new role as educator there. I taught my first class the other day on the long and short term physical effects of sexual abuse. Having to research and study this topic was hard, but I was really proud of my class. I will be teaching it again in Nov. as well as teaching medication certification classes. It is a big task. I have also stepped into the season where I am beginning to teach Shiloh. I joined a group called Parents as Teachers and my first session is the 21st. Till then I am trying to read more and talk a lot more during the day. It is fun, and exhausting to be honest.

I love fall with the color changes and the cooler weather. I have been looking forward to outdoor activities all summer in the fall like pumpkin patches and long walks in the woods. However the cold weather swept us into cold season and that doesn't mesh well with a toddler. So that was disappointing and I have turned my prayers upward for just a few more weeks of nice weather to introduce my cutie to my favorite season.

Keep Steven in your prayers as he is applying for the police academy that would start in Jan. We are not sure whether it is too late to get him in, so we are going to have to wait to see. This would certify him for hire by a local police department and would open a world of possibilities. As most of you know he is getting his BA in Criminal Justice to hopefully someday work in investigating and taking down human trafficking. To get there he will need experience which police work will give him. It is all in God's timing, so we wait in prayerful expectation.

October holds a lot for us. Fall, friends coming in, fun, and a photo shoot for Shiloh. There are some friends of friends that will be coming this week to take pictures of her, for their project called Almost Aborted. Shiloh is one of many whose story will be told through photos and commentary. I think that it will be great, but I hope that day wont be to cold. I don't want to put my little muffin in the cold for pictures. We'll see. We are grateful for her and if her testimony thus far will bless others than we are happy to share her.

Thank you friends, we are blessed to have you!

No comments: