October 28, 2009

Be Our Guest

We are so excited about this coming weekend! We have friends from Canada coming to stay with us for a week and it is going to be a blast. These are friends that we met a the Sanctuary House of Prayer in Winni, Canada and let me tell you they are stellar. Kristi is a L & D nurse and a woman after my own heart. Shane is a full time intercessor and I think he runs the Santuary. They are so much like us it is almost scary. They are coming to KC for a two week holiday and splitting their time between our house and another set of friends. I feel so honored!

As I am woring away on my kitchen today I was thinking of all that must be done before our guest arrive. Kristi and Shane Farrow are the type of guest that make you want to scrub your house and put out flowers and chocolates. They are the kind of guest that you want to clean, rearrange, and stock your fridge for. The Farrows coming makes me want to bake and use nice china dishes. These guys are the type of guest that you wash the guest sheets in Tide and use Bounce dryer sheets because you want them to smell like you had them pro laundered. We are talking wash the windows, scrub the cracks and corners of your house and buy nice fancy candles for kind of guest. I am just so excited!

Now having said all that.... if I had fine china I would use it, however I got married at 20yrs old and thought that registering for china was what old people did. Now I do have some pretty Fiesta dishes that my grandmother left me and I would gladly set the table with those for the Farrows. (As long as you promise to not break them. :0) Scrubbing I will do, however I might not get every crack and corner as I have a 13mo old cutie tuti that is like my shadow. It is harder to be so detailed with a shadow that wants to help. Clean the fridge I shall do, and stock it I must! As for the rest, well lets face it.... I am less than... let say Martha Stewart and more like Rachel Ray when it comes to cleaning and cooking. No matter cause the Farrows are the type of guest that just want to be with us, and not so much into inspecting our house.


This is going to be a good week of fun, friendship, and getting to love on my little Shiloh!!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Kristi! What a fun post!

I am so excited to see you guys and now even more excited to hear you are excited =) I feel so honored that you would write so much nice stuff about us!

We don't require all the prep, but I love the way you wrote about it! You are so funny!

We will spend the week enjoying your company and loving on your cutie tuti! See you Saturday!