July 12, 2009

I Am Getting Closer to the Goal

My yard sale was a great success. Friday morning around 5am the weather was stormy but it calmed down by 8 am so I decided to go for it. Friday morning I made $100 and felt pretty good. Saturday morning was the same as Friday with storms and very windy but after the clouds rolled away I was out with my sales woman cap on. Business was slow at first but by 2pm I had gotten rid of most stuff and made another $60. Not bad for a stormy weekend yard sale!
Steven came home from his ministry trip to Arkansas with a gift from a dear friend for my trip as well. All totalled and coupled with a generous gift from some great friends I have raised $650. I am still short about $350, but I am confident that God will provide. Airfare is going to be about $60 dollars more than we thought but I am praying that we find a stellar deal next week.

I met with the other nurses on Saturday afternoon to hash out the outline for our teaching sessions and I am stoked about what God has given us. We all agreed that we want to start out with the message of our identity in God and give the gospel right up front. That way we will all be on the same page. Then we'll start teaching about proper care and loving on the children through the eyes of how God sees them. We will wrap the sessions up with teaching on the importance of loving touch. This will span topics like the detriments of isolation and too much crib time, to abuse, and the need of every human to be held and nurtured. We are hoping that Holy Spirit will make a way to minister to these woman about the issues of abuse in their own life and stop the cycle of abuse. I know that nothing is going to happen overnight and that these things take time, but we have to be faithful with what God gives us to do and trust that he will bring the increase and harvest. We will be demonstrating things hands on and helping the owner of the orphanage with writing policy and guidelines. There will be workers from 5 other orphanages there as well so the potential impact is huge.
My heart is really stirred in this because if we touch the nannies hearts and they are changed, it effects the children directly. God has a destiny for each orphan and these woman will play a major role in how that destiny plays out. The greatest resource we have are children. My desire for this trip is to witness to these women the love of Christ, reveal truth about the destiny of each person (but especially the children), to give solid teaching that will impact the physical well being of the children, and to lay a foundation for change that will be felt not only physically, but also in their souls. I will be giving more details as we get closer to the date of the trip.

Please pray for revelation and open hearts to receive truth. The Haitian people are a proud and sometimes obstinate people. I love them, yet I know what we are facing going in as Americans telling them to do things another way. We are preparing to go in as servants even to the point of washing their feet to let them know that we are there to serve them and to give them keys to fullness. Pray that Holy Spirit will flood their hearts with light and that truth will pierce them like an arrow.

Thank you for praying.

If you would like to give towards this trip, or towards feeding the poor on the streets of Haiti:
email me at kristicooper@ihop.org and I will send you my address. I don't think that I should post it here. There is a way for tax-deduction as well.

Blessings!

No comments: