August 17, 2008

Wow, How Time Can Fly By

I feel as if I haven't blogged in forever. This has been my online journal for the last several months and I feel as though I have deserted a good friend if I don't write at least once a week. I wanted to share pics from our vacation to Colorado and our crazy kitchen remodeling saga, but our computer has been on the fritz and couldn't do a thing. Well it is fixed and I will jump on that tonight after work.

So... I know that you are all wanting to know what is up with our baby situation so I will keep you in suspense no longer....SHE>>>>IS>>>>still cooking. ;-) In dishwasher cycles she would be on the drying cycle. Yup! I said dishwasher cycle, because we just successfully loaded, washed and put away our first load of dishes with zero leaks in our new dishwasher!!! I am stoked!!! I have a dishwasher. It has been 6 years without one. I know that sound like "O, poor spoiled baby", but for real 6 yrs is a lot of dishes that these hands just couldn't do anymore. Have you ever seen older women's dish hands? Yikes.. just couldn't do it.
ANYWAYS.... hope that didn't offend anyone.

So our little cutie is enjoying her last moments in her liquid crib and I hope she will be ready to see her mommy and daddy soon. Today is the 17th, which is her due date. Now if she knows anything about me, she would know that I like to do things on the day that I say that I am going to do them. Well.... COME ON THEN. COME OUT ALREADY. Only if you are done though baby. No squishy middles... although I like my brownies a little squishy in the middle. But she isn't a brownie... she will be much yummier! ;-) I talked to Danielle and she is VERY ready to not be pregnant anymore, but she is resting and taking care of herself. She has gained around 30 pounds and is a little bigger. So that is good, that means our princess is a little bigger. We are packed and ready, maps printed out, camera cards emptied and ready for some cute little baby pics. I still need to scope out a birth mother present and we need to write our thank you letter. That is a tough one, how do you say thank you for housing and growing a baby for 9 months? For choosing life over death, selflessness and courage over convenience and comfort. For by passing the natural emotions and feelings of pregnancy and birth, to give the fruit of your womb to another person. That is a lot for a little thank you card. But we are thinking, praying, and are hoping to have just the right words.
I feel as if I have this relationship via phone with a long lost sister that is in trouble and needs my help. I don't feel that this is a total stranger that is giving me a baby and that is it. I am not sure if that is my over zealous compassion and God, or if I am just crazy and have delusional thoughts.:-) Either way it is wonderful and weird all at the same time. If little miss Cooper doesn't come before Tues., I will drive out to Lyons Kansas for Danielle's doctors appointment and meet her face to face. Neither of us are overly nervous, just anxious to meet. It is an interesting journey to say the least, one I didn't expect to be like this.

Well that is enough for now. I will resume communication tonight as I post pics from all our fun adventures and it would be awesome to post pictures of us leaving our house with suit cases in tow, but we will see.

Chow.

No comments: