August 6, 2008

Good News

I thought after all those intense prayer request post that I would update you on the less stressful sides of life for us. Well I am not sure how much less stressful they are, but not quite as intense as our adoption saga.

Our kitchen remodeling project that we thought would take a week is stretching into it's second week with very little relief in sight. It is hard to work around our IHOP schedules and build with limited funds. In older houses once you start knocking down walls you run into all kinds of unexpected treasures that sometimes cost more than you bargained for. However our tile is in thanks to my hot handy man and we are moving on to hanging our cabinets. We are trying to modify them to create more space with eye appeal. We hired an electrician to fix some electrical issues and he put some more outlets in for us which is very nice. I cleaned around the "mess" today to make it somewhat livable.

We are still searching for a home for our darling German Shepherd. She jumps our fence and has a storm phobia, that coupled with a new baby, we are just not sure we can facilitate her with us anymore. I put a bandanna on her today and thought Steven was going to have a heart attack. I just laugh because when our little princess arrives there will be frills and pink everywhere and he is going to "grow" so much. ;-)

The best news I think I have to send you away with is that I talked to our sweet birth mother last night and she says that she has lost her mucus plug. For all who are unaware what that is and how disgusting it sounds, it means that baby is on the way. It means that she has begun to dilate and soon labor will start.

Well as you can imagine we are very excited, nervous, and all the in between. I got busy washing clothes and sheets today, and tomorrow I will try to get things finished up so that we can be ready to go in an instant.

Thank you for all your prayers. This is a wild ride that you have join with us in and we are strapped in for the long haul.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Can't wait to hear more about her arrival!