July 15, 2008

My Ode to Canada

O Canada, O Canada our northern border side. I give you thanks for the goods you bring to our lovely "America". You make the best maple syrup and your hockey is pretty good too. You take all of our hippies and ask nothing in return. O Canada, O Canada I give you two thumbs up. I only know 5 of you, but I would never give them up. Two sisters, one husband, and a friend you have lent to me this year, oh and of course I cannot forget my sis-in-law, she's a dear! O Canada, O Canada I wish you all the best, may your ruler "Jon Poutine" have favor on you all giving happiness and rest. And Canada ,O Canada I hope to see you next fall.

This was just a crack shot and my "Ode" abilities which I must say are rather lame. But I spent last night after work visiting with some of my favorite Canadians and it was wonderful. The coffee shops were all closed so we went to the next best thing, McDonald's. :-) We got hot chocolates and sat outside the coffee shop for a couple of hours chatting and catching up. It is so good to see their faces and to hear those awesome accents again. They brought with them some very cute baby clothes that made my day. Another set of friends sent a card with these ones, and it TOTALLY BLESSED US!!! Double back to you both!!!!

Well I must finish packing we are leaving in about 45 min. for Colorado for a week of R&R. I will of course be updating you and hope to also share some pics.

<>

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Very nice ode! Love the mention of poutine! Glad to hear you guys had fun last night!
Blessings and more blessings!

Stephanie said...

Hahahah! I laughed so hard on the inside while reading your Ode! WOW! That's talent! It was such a pleasure hanging out with you & Steven at IHOP! I REALLY LIKE YOU GUYS!! You should come to Winnipeg ... to live : ) I hope we can hang out soon & I would love to see your baby : ) Blessings & blessings upon blessings!