July 3, 2008

Happy Fourth!!

To all of my U.S fans I would like to say Happy 4th, or Independence Day. This is an exciting time for us to reflect on our founding fathers sacrifices to make freedom possible. That freedom began as freedom of religion though I doubt many in the U.S. recognize that. Most people, if they think of the reason for the day, will chalk it up to freedom to be who we want to be, what ever that looks like. Gays will celebrate the new amendment for marriage in California, while Liberal Feminists will celebrate the liberation from men and freedom to do whatever it is they think they want to do.

I am not much for holidays without meaning so I will think on the fact that a long time ago forerunners of religious freedom or rebellious church goers( however you choose to see it) set out on a journey for a new land and landed here. Through wars and revolutions, loss and gain we are now one of the greatest nations on earth. Despite all the weirdos who are lobbying for wicked causes I would not be at the house of prayer serving the Lord in the context of night and day worship and prayer, going to the nations and seeing God's amazing works if I were in China or Pakistan. No I am in The United States of America, the land of freedom. However free we are I am thankful. I am grateful for those first few who risked everything to come to this wilderness for religious freedom. So I solute them and I will blow up a few things in their honor tomorrow night.


My Family would always buy lots of fire works when I was little and since we lived in the country we would put on our own shows. I like going to the big shows now that I am older and married (less work and bigger bang). I think that it is nice to get together with friends and watch huge, colorful explosions in the sky. Next year we will be doing it with a little princess and I am very excited about that. This year as we are in the beginning of a 40 day fast the thought of going to a show is less appealing since I will do so with a juice instead of a hot dog and chips, but I am looking forward to it all the same.
I got this picture off the internet and it reminded me of home. So Happy Fourth all you Arkansas Rednecks. Go crazy!!

No comments: