May 17, 2008

My Prayer Garden



I wanted to share my project. I started with a very bare and ugly problem site to the right of our house and I am trying to transform it into a little garden area on a tight budget. I got the blocks for the retainer walls free as well as the dirt and mulch. It was a huge blessing from a friend who owns a landscaping business. I got the plants that you see at Lowes last year on the 75% off rack and prayed that they would come back. The bushes I got the same way two years ago. The white swing we found on the side of the road. I am going to paint it and get some cushions. I think we are going to get grass rolls like they put down at new homes to fill in the barren places. I also planted a wisteria vine and hydrangea along the fence as you exit.




It is coming along and it a fun project for me. I like to work in the yard and I feel good seeing the results when it is all done. This morning I sat on my swing and talked to a friend then journaled a little. I love it. I can't wait to get some grass down and maybe plant a few more things. I think it will be a great refuge for me. Lord knows that I need it right now.




Jesus come to this garden enclosed and make your home in me.

No comments: