May 2, 2008

Friday Sale Update

Friday morning come really early when you get about an hour of sleep Thursday night. The storm was awful and freaked my dogs out, which in turn kept me up. So when my alarm went off at 5:00am to go hang signage I was less than thrilled. I got up however and went out to a very wet Terrace Lakes. I hung signs all over and hope that they stayed through the wind today. I'll check them later and replace where needed.

I opened shop this Friday May 1st at 7am. I have a lot of great stuff that people donated so I know that it can be a great sale. The wind was a huge factor today knocking over things. It knocked over one picture and broke it and a few other items. Our clothes line snapped and that led to our clothes just laying on the porch. It was frustrating. The traffic through my sale was slow and by 1pm I was fading fast. Knowing that I had a full day of saling ahead of me I called it quits for the day. I ended around 2pm and that is when the traffic started to pick up. I couldn't do it though. I went inside and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. No worries I will get up and do it in force tomorrow. I am picking up some furniture tonight late and will have it out tomorrow as well as some great dishes and baby stuff.

All in all I made about $85. Not to bad, but I am really hoping for more tomorrow! I am now off to see Romeo and Juliet performed by the Kansas City Ballet. My renter is a UMKC dance student and gets tickets for $10. That is a fantastic discount. So we are getting all dressed up and going to go to the ballet.

No comments: