May 25, 2009

Recovery Is In Sight

Shiloh is well minus a lingering cough and sleeping through the night once again. I feel for the moms and dads whose infants seem to not sleep a consistent 8 hours till they are two. I would have already pulled my hair out and ate it. I am not a late nighter, nor am I naturally an early morning person. I am sort of an afternoon person however my beautiful baby isn't. I have it really easy though. We did baby wise from about two weeks of age so she knows that mommy will come in the room and get her when it is time. So till then sleep or play nicely in your crib. Most of the mornings I don't get out of bed till 6:45am or 7am and if I sleep a little later she loudly reminds me with her adorable talking voice.
We had to lower her crib mattress this weekend as she has started pulling up to a standing position. One wrong move and she would have been sailing over the side. So daddy got out the Allen wrench and down a notch she went. Yesterday and today she took her first consecutive "crawl steps". I am not sure whether three crawls in a row make a "crawler" but it sure impressed me. So this week I will be reorganizing and baby proofing a little more. Hiding exposed cords, inserting those attractive plastic socket covers and putting little latches on "no..no cabinets". I think that we need to get ready because pretty soon she is going to take over our house for real. We have the baby gear everywhere, but now there will be a "bottom" dweller on the loose. I have a baby gate and was wondering if confining her to her room was a bad idea or some kind if child abuse. It seems a little simpler that way. :-) Any suggestions?
She is so adorable and her personality cracks me up. I think that she is going to be a very clever little girl and I am going to need to be on my toes at all times. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I loved the line, "I would have already pulled my hair out and ate it." You are too funny, Kristi!