December 3, 2008

Just a Few Wishes for 2009

Steven and I are approaching our 6th year here in KC as intercessory missionaries. It has been a whirlwind and a blessed time of our lives. We are here and also going out ministering to those the Lord gives us. We live simply in all aspects and love it. God has truly blessed us and we are thankful. I thought that I would list few things that I wish for. Some are needs and some are wants and if you would like to contribute just let me know. I would be truly blessed.

$$$ for a new roof. Ours is barely making it and in the spring will need to be replaced. We have a friend that is going to help us do it, now we just need the cash to pay for the supplies.

A home for my German Shepherd Dakota. She is a wonderful dog and very loving, but we are just not able to care for her like we would like. She can jump our fence and will if we leave her unattended in the backyard. We let her in the house but it isn't always the best. So she often spends time in the garage which I hate. So we are seeking a loving family for her w/o small children and a high fence.

$$$ for some car repairs. We need struts on the car and the drivers side door handle fixed. The spring on the handle broke and I have to roll the window down to open the door. That will not be so great when it is snowing or raining.

Cabinets for our island in the kitchen. Our kitchen remodeling project has been put on hold as the money that was allotted for it went to the adoption. Now we don't have an oven or cook top because we haven't been able to get an island. We have a hot plate in the kitchen and a little oven downstairs. It is crazy I know. Trust me had we seen the present in the past we would have planned better.

Monthly supporters. I would love to be able to focus more on the house of prayer and cut back on my hours. I miss being home in the evenings and now I feel like I am missing so much with Shiloh and Steven. I love my job and it is a blessing, however I know that I am called to something else.

That is my wish list. I am blessed and grateful and if I never receive any of these things I will still praise the God who gives me life and loves me. He always provides for us in the greatest ways. We are not lacking in Him.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Oh, how I understand the wish list...especially the monthly supporters! I understand your wishes and pray that you would receive them! He knows our needs and wants!