August 14, 2012

Our Little World is Turning



May time has flown since my last post, but C'est la vie. Our little world has continued to rotate and at times I felt that it was spinning out of control. But the axis has held fast and we are finally getting our feet under us!

I wanted to give a little update and then a little post will follow with exciting news. First thing first, I will start off with my darling little Shiloh. Shiloh is as crazy and funny as always. She loves to sing and dance like a wild woman and sometimes the songs that she comes up with make me roll on the floor laughing. Her genius is growing day by day and this year we are going to try to reign in her imaginative energy by doing preschool two days a week. So far she loves it and asks everyday when she is going to school again. I made a little calendar and put it on her wall so she can see when "school" days are. We are sad that we cannot go to her Tuesday book club anymore, but something had to give. We still do zoo days and try to go to as many activities in the city as we can. She is taking ballet one night a week and loves to dance.




I am well, still working and trying to maintain sanity. :-) It has been an adjustment in running the home and being both parents at once. I feel that I have my feet under me now and my emotions are in check. Some days I get lonely, but for the most part we are mushing on with life. We enjoy our skype dates with daddy and usually play a game or to with him. Technology is amazing!! Besides working and being a mommy, I have kept busy with projects. Projects are my release method for built up stress or tension. I deal best with stress when I have a paint brush or hammer in my hand. I may have missed my calling. :-) My projects have all gone off well until I tried to tackle the basement bathroom. Now we are at a stand still with no walls or toilet. Ugh... I need Holmes on Homes!

Steven is well and working through his school and training. We are so proud of how well he did in basic training! Seeing him giving his flight orders and assisting the instructors in handing out the graduation medals to the other airman was amazing. I have always know that Steven would do well and seeing him in that environment was really surreal but meaningful. This has been a life changing experience and we are so grateful to the Lord for His faithfulness and provision.



No comments: