March 29, 2012

Here We Are

I wanted to keep my friends and family up on where we are with our adoption, Steven leaving, and my plans to remain sane. I feel like this next six months is really going to be a true test of what I am made of and I hope to myself if to no one else, I can prove that I am not as weak and frail as I have felt this last week.

We are cruising right along in the waiting phase of our adoption. All the paper work is in, we are still lacking a few funds (a couple thousand few) and are waiting for hopefully an approval on a matching grant. We had an amazing fundraiser just before Valentine's day where we were blessed with about $6,000. We were just so amazed and loved on by our friends. We recently had a Chik-fil-A spirit night which was fun. I would really have liked to had more people come by, but I was super happy for the ones that I saw and we brought in about $900 of business that night. Now it is just up in the air as to what happens next. I am not planning on doing any fundraisers, except maybe another online fundraiser while Steven is gone, but we are open to getting into a contract during that time with either adoption agency that we are connected with. In the meantime we are getting our crib ready (thanks to my sister in law) and finishing a few much needed projects around the house and just waiting.

Steven's departure for Air Force basic training is sneaking up on us in a fast way. I can hardly believe that he will be gone is a little over a month. I am in kind of a project/panic mode. I have several plans lined up as far as childcare for Shiloh, but the more I read about children's transition while dad's are "deployed" the more I just feel like I need to have plan A-Z ready. I am torn whether I should go back to days for a little while to make sure that she does well with it all, but I am not sure that is an option right now at work. Insurance is a factor since I carry it through my work, and just money and bills. So there is so much rolling around in my head, not to mention things like what am I going to do about taking call from work. It is mandatory and if I get called in the middle of the night who will watch over Shiloh? It is a lot to think of . I have been slowly hacking away at it for a while, but now it is in my face. Any suggestions, prayers, or offers of help are more than appreciated. I know that we are going to get through it because hundreds of families do this and so much more and have for over 50 years. It is just new to me.

It is all part of the circle of life right? I feel like I should be standing on a huge rock overlooking a vast plain with the sun setting and Elton John singing in the background. But that isn't exactly the view from my kitchen window. All in all I think that this will be the beginning of something new and hopefully rewarding to our family, but no one said that plowing a field is easy.

No comments: