February 22, 2010

Cooper Family Update

Hello friends and family, I am so thankful that you still read this blog an care about our family. Sometimes with our crazy work schedule I find it hard to keep up with FB and a blog and email. But I wanted to update everyone on where we are and what we are looking forward to.


Steven: Steven is doing well in the police academy and is acing his test. They are doing some hands on things like arresting people and learning how to pull cars over. He does PT three times a week for a couple of hours and then they do "defensive tactics" two times a week. He will start going to the shooting range as well soon which for a guys is a major highlight. He is also required to complete so many hours of "ride alongs" with police officers that he is trying to fit into his already jammed schedule. He might have to schedule them at night or in the early morning hours which will be challanging. But you have to do what you have to do.
His online class is pretty demanding but he is making it and can't wait till his spring break. It is a constitutional law class that he has to write several papers and post online for. Steven is actually a really good write and even is English professor father commented on his excellent writing skills. It is so weird to see Steven sitting at the kitchen table drawing out crime scenes. It is a season and a whole new world that we are walking into. Steven will turn some police applications in soon so if you think of him say a little prayer that he will have a job lined up for June.


Kristi: Surgery is getting a little easier as I am remembering more and more. I actually had a terrible day last week and thought to myself what are you doing here. It was just one of those days where I couldn't remember anything. Oh those learning curves. For me it is such a transition from my other job to be in a hospital for 1, and 2 those long 12 hr shifts. You really have to work up the endurance for that. My mother in law was in town last weekend and took me scrub shopping. I got some new water resistant pants that turned out to be a life saver in one of my cases. Blood splattered all over my lower half and just ran right off my new pants. I was so happy. Taking call every Friday nights has made for some very long shifts though. Sometimes I have to work from 7am to midnight or later and still might get called in during the middle of the night. Oh you have to love this season that we are in. I am trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel though and I am truly learning and also grateful. This last few months has really motivated me to press in and get my schooling done. It is time and I feel that 2010 is a year of completion for us in many ways. So I have started working on my homework again and hope to be doing my clinical my Christmas. I went to Haiti in Jan. with a medical relief team and hope that I will be able to go again some time this year. Our ministry is building a free standing medical clinic there and also going to start helping people and orphanages rebuild. I feel so alive when I am on the mission field and one day I hope to take my kids like my mom took me. It is in our blood. Every generation of our family has had at least one full or part time missionary in it.


Shiloh: It never ceases to amaze me how fast time passes. Now that we have Shiloh in our lives we can see the time go by faster in how fast she grows and how much she talks. :-) When I am around other kids her age I am amazed at how many words she says and how well she communicates. We read a lot of books and she is obsessed with books. My friend is giving us a little play kitchen that I think will become a new favorite toy as well. She has about 7 words that she says very well and at least that many signs that she uses. Our live in babysitter also works with her teaching her new signs. They get a long well and I am so thankful for her. She works for us around 34 hrs a week and usually goes to friends houses or something on the weekends so that we have our house and family to ourselves. She is such a blessing.

Little Shiloh has a little temper though. If you tell her no, or take something away from her she will yell at you. It is cute, but we have to really discipline her on it. She did it to our neighbor the other day when she took a picture frame away from her. I think that it shocked our neighbor and it sure embarrassed me. Oh well, that is was the "switch" is for. Poor little Shiloh, she is just so passionate and thinks that she is so much bigger than she really is. We are so in love with her sometimes it is hard to do the right thing. :-)


Future: We are really praying that God will open doors for Steven to get a job. That will determine a lot. My job situation, schooling for me, another adoption, insurance for us, etc.... He is ready to step into his "man" role and also to go on the journey of where is God calling him to be and what is He wanting him to do. We really want to adopt again, but it isn't the season. We are almost finished with our kitchen remodel and want to do a few more things to the house this spring, but again something needs to happen with Steven's job. We are hoping to go somewhere for our 10th year anniversary and are praying that God will open something up for that as well. Since Steven and I only see each other two days a week we really want to be able to have a nice anniversary and want to recommit ourselves and our family to the Lord for the next ten years.


Well that is the short of it all. Not to exciting. We are in transition and the only and best way to be in transition is with your seat belts fastened and your hands and heart open. (Kind of like a roller coaster.:-)

No comments: