November 11, 2008

Shiloh Turned 2 Months Old Today

Here is my veteran 2 month old daughter. We celebrated her 2mo. day at Chick Filet as she slept in her car seat, it was great. She has some pretty significant dates under her belt so far, with her birthday being September 11th and her 2 month birthday on the 11th of November marking Veteran's day. When people here that Shiloh's birthday is on 9/11 they either say "oh and emergency baby", or "Amos 9:11...Wow!" After looking up Amos 9:11I found that it states with great zeal about the rebuilding of the tabernacle of the Lord. I think that it is very significant and now Veteran's day marks the first 2 months of her life. What is the little girl going to grow up to be like? What will her prayer life be at 5, 6, 10, 15, and 20 years old? I think that we have a challenge ahead in raising a warrior who will have zeal in her heart to see night and day prayer and worship fill the earth.
Having said that here are just a few things about her that we have grown to love in the last two months.

~ She is mellow and very alert and observant.

~ She talks a lot...little coos and groans. If you have heard her it is fabulous. If not there is a video below.

~ She goes down at 11pm and wakes up at 6:45am to 7am. That is nice!~

~ Her little hiny is so adorable. Most of her pants don't fit her because her little waist and bottom are so small.

~ She is a little daddy's girl and has Steven wrapped around her finger. It is fascinating to see Steven as a dad. He is phenomenal.

~ When she wakes up from naps and such she is usually really happy and coos for you as you change her diaper. She has a sweet disposition.

~ She listens very intently as I read to her. We are developing her library.

~ She loves music and I have recently introduced her to Bing Crosby and Dean Martin. I think that she will thank me for it later.


I think you get the picture. She is adorable and life would be a miss without our precious gift. Shiloh is truly one sent into our lives. We pray daily that God would give us wisdom in how to love her and to raise her after His heart.

Thank you for your love and support.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That was a great comment you left on my blog =) The last part made Shane and I chuckle!

We miss you too! If you were closer we could hang out! I'd invite you over for tea or say we could take Shiloh to her first Santa Clause Parade on Saturday (here in Winnipeg each year)....though we don't believe in the big guy =) But alas, we are miles apart. One day we will visit and hang out again!

Wow! Shiloh is 2 months old already! Seriously, she is so cute I don't know what to do with myself when I see new pictures of her!

My comment is getting super long...I should leave space for others =)